Friday, September 11, 2015

TIFF 2015 Overview


After missing the Toronto International Film Festival last year, due to my trip Down Under, I am throwing myself in deep again, with tickets to 19 films, one or two each day of the festival from September 10th to 20th. This post is an overview of what am seeing/have seen, with links to my review of each film. I'll update it throughout the festival. Warning: my reviews will contain spoilers, as I want to really talk about each film and not just tease about them.

As usual I bought my My Choice package of tickets (20 tickets) in August, and after spending many hours with the program to decide which films I was interested in, on September 1st I got my 1-hour window to make my selections. I was surprised that I got every film I wanted to see, picking 17 films (3 to see with a friend). When public sale of individual tickets opened up the following Sunday, I dived in again to pick up one more film. The rescheduling of one of my screenings led to a couple of exchanges, leaving me with tickets to 19 films overall:

11 Minutes
About Ray
Anomalisa
Colonia
Demolition
Equals
Evolution
Green Room
High Rise
I Smile Back
Jafar Panahi's Taxi
Looking For Grace
Mr Right
No Men Beyond This Point
Schneider vs Bax
Sherpa
Son of Saul
Where To Invade Next
Winter on Fire: Ukraine's Fight For Freedom

Films in bold italics are highly recommended. Most of the others were pretty good too. Only Equals and Evolution are worth passing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment