Monday, September 10, 2018

TIFF 2018: Life Itself



I had seen two trailers for Life Itself before going to see the film, and after seeing the second one, I remember thinking "that looks like a completely different movie than that first trailer!". I was right, and that's why I won't spill anything about the plot here. The unifying theme of the film is that of the Unreliable Narrator (I know because they told me several times in the film), and that "the ultimate unreliable narrator is Life itself". That's all you'll get here about the story, but I will say that this was the best film I've seen this year at TIFF so far. The cast was excellent, with some great performances, and the story was moving and unpredictable.

I will also apologize to those near me in the theatre who were disturbed by my sobbing.

TIFF 2018 Overview

No comments:

Post a Comment