Saturday, April 18, 2009

And Now a Message From our Sponsor-ee

I'm doing today's quick little post to try to help Alison raise money for Serve!, the non-profit organization she joined recently:
Hi there! As you all know I've changed jobs and am now working for Serve! an organization dedicated to assisting high risk youth who are in transition. I am enjoying it immensely and am very impressed with the dedication and hard work that goes into making this program successful.

This year's Experience This! participants have all overcome incredible challenges with very little familial support. One youth was a child soldier from Africa. Another started the program living in bus shelter. They deal with issues of mental illness, addiction, and low self-esteem. Yet the transformation in these youth after just 6 months at Serve! is truly remarkable and speaks to the need for this type of programming. All of this year's Experience This! graduates are moving on to college, university and finding jobs.

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I am going to participate in the Toronto Challenge walk-a-thon for Serve! on Sunday June 14th. I am emailing everyone I know to see if you'll be kind enough to sponsor me. Serve! is funded completely by special events, individual donors, foundation and corporate grants. By supporting Serve!, you're making an investment that helps young people discover the good that they can do. They overcome their obstacles and achieve their goals. It's a long-term investment that pays off as youth make positive choices and become better citizens.

And my sponsoring me, you help me save face as the Newbie on the block!

THANKS! If you'd like to know more about Serve! check out www.servecanada.org

Alison
To sponsor Alison, you can:
  1. Make a donation Serve!'s website at www.servecanada.org - just remember to note that it is sponsorship for Alison Caird's walk-a-thon.
  2. Write & mail a cheque payable to: Serve! Canada at 543 Queen Street East, Toronto M5A 1V1
  3. Give cash/cheque (made out to Serve! Canada) to Alison or me directly the next time we see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment