Tuesday, September 11, 2018

TIFF 2018: A Million Little Pieces

A Million Little Pieces tells the story of James Frey (based on his book) as he goes through rehab and tries to overcome his addictions to crack and alcohol. His life is a complete mess. At the rehab centre he is helped by a few of the other patients, discovers that some people may be even more screwed up than he is, and gradually starts to care about helping himself. The performances are very good and the story is told well. I found this to be a good but not great film, and when it ended I was not very deeply moved by what had happened.

Susan and I are now at exactly the halfway point of our 2018 TIFF adventure (I have seen 9 of my 18 films, she 8 of her 16). We have seen a few great films, some good ones and a few stinkers. We now have an intermission of  almost two days to rest & recharge (we are tired!) before we resume on Wednesday night!

TIFF 2018 Overview

No comments:

Post a Comment